If you would like to encourage your students to use the Writing Center, we will visit your classroom and give a brief presentation about our services. This presentation will include a description of what to expect during a consultation, as well as information about our hours, locations, and available opportunities.
During the pandemic, these presentations will be virtual. You can share the video below, or contact us to arrange a Zoom session.
- Writing Groups run from the second or third week of each term to right before finals. We offer support for STEP proposals, grants, dissertations, MA theses, and more.
- Team project consultations take place in our main Writing Center in 4120 Smith Lab.
- Consultations are 45 minutes.
Teams should designate at least two people (no more than three) to discuss their collaborative projects with a consultant in the Writing Center.
When making your appointment, please:
- Briefly describe the project
- Note that it is a team project
- Include the course title and the name of your project's team members.
The Writing Center staff will not work with just one representative on a team project during a session, except, of course, on that individual's writing. All other portions of the project must have the author present.