1) Tell me about yourself…. What are you studying?
My name is Claudia Platek, I’m 21 years old, and I’m from Cleveland, Ohio. This is my second semester working at the WC and I will continue this upcoming year as I participate in the Master of Education program for language arts. I studied English and Psychology during undergrad and am planning to become a teacher.
2) What do you like about working at the Writing Center?
I like having the opportunity to practice different writing and teaching strategies.
3) What is your favorite book?
My favorite book is The Catcher in the Rye.
4) When you're struggling with writing, what you do you do?
When I’m struggling with writing, I like to make an outline or concept map to organize my thoughts.
5)What advice do you have for students?
My advice would to not be afraid to make messy outlines. The first draft doesn’t have to be perfect!
6) What's your favorite part of speech/grammatical concept (either to talk about in sessions, or in general)?
My favorite part of grammatical concepts is discussing the oxford comma.
7) What have you had the most fun writing?
8) What's your favorite assignment to work on with clients?
I’ve had the most fun writing a novel about college in my spare time.
I love to work with repeat clients on their assignments so that I can see their progress.9) What is one one motto that you incorporate into your life or your writing?
Make a mess!10) Describe your perfect writing day
My perfect writing day would be sitting outside with some friends, an iced coffee, and music in the background.