The Writing Center offers free help with writing at any stage of the writing process for any member of the university community. During our sessions, consultants can work with you on anything from research papers to lab reports, from dissertations to résumés, from proposals to application materials. Appointments are available in-person at 4120 Smith Lab, as well as for online sessions. You may schedule an in-person or online appointment by visiting WCOnline or by calling 614-688-4291. Please note that the Writing Center also offers daily walk-in hours—no appointment necessary—in Thompson Library. You do not have to bring in a piece of writing in order to schedule a writing center appointment. Many students report that some of their most productive sessions entail simply talking through ideas. Please check out our Individual Writing Support and Group Writing Support pages for the types of consultations we provide. We also maintain a Writing Resources page with writing handouts and links to online resources.
- Live Chat (45 minutes) with WCOnline's real-time text and audio chat.
- Drop-Off (24 - 48 hour response time during business hours; weekend sessions available; not available during University holidays).
- Writing Groups run from the second or third week of each term to right before finals. We offer support in accountability and goal setting, or in providing interdisciplinary feedback, for graduate and postdoctoral writers.
- Instructors may request classroom visits from the Writing Center to describe our services or for more developed workshops.
- We also provide writing workshops and retreats, usually bi-annually, for faculty writers.