Writing Across the Curriculum is a program at the Center for the Study and Teaching of Writing that
- Conducts research on the teaching of writing and its effectiveness in the curriculum.
- Facilitates workshops on strategies for using writing to enhance learning.
- Consults with instructors to help them build strategies for writing in their teaching.
- Supports university program initiatives through professional development, assessment, and course or curriculum design.
We believe that in addition to being a key skill for communication that students need to develop, writing is a critical tool for learning that can enhance every aspect of teaching and learning within Ohio State’s curriculum:
- Teaching engaging classes
- Designing meaningful assignments
- Planning effective courses
- Supporting a rigorous curriculum
- Developing innovative teaching
Click through to learn about the events, services, and resources that can help you use writing to enhance your teaching and curriculum.