I'm a subject matter expert. What can I teach about writing?
How can I incorporate writing into my teaching in a manageable, effective way?
How are other instructors across campus teaching writing?
What do students need to know about writing to help them succeed?
WAC can provide training to help you align writing with your teaching and to develop innovative courses and assignments
- Come to our workshops this semester to learn strategies and talk with colleagues
- Attend our next annual symposium on writing and teaching (coming soon)
- Sign up for the next seminar on writing instruction (coming soon)
- Enroll in the WAC Certification program (coming soon)
- Read about winners of the WAC Outstanding Writing Instruction Award (coming soon)
"Providing the space to share our challenges and tips from colleagues is enough to make WAC invaluable. But WAC also provides both peer and expert mentoring too. WAC consultants are always ready with teaching innovations and advice that can be applicable in any department or course. I know I'll get great ideas and research-based help when I contact WAC for an individual consultation, attend a workshop, or participate in a webinar. It's difficult to provide a short list of examples of what WAC has contributed to my teaching: increased interaction and engagement from students, improved rubric design, better scaffolding of assignments, strategies for helping international students. All of these changes in my teaching, including assignments that are currently the 'biggest hits' with students, materialized soon after I interacted with WAC."