The Center for the Study and Teaching of Writing is committed to fostering excellence among writers and teachers of writing at The Ohio State University and in the State of Ohio:
- We view reading, speaking, and writing, in any form, as complex intellectual activities crucial for participation in academic, professional, and public life.
- We help students and other writers negotiate the complex rhetorical demands of writing in a variety of settings and media.
- We promote an understanding of multiple literacies in a global society.
- We gather and distribute knowledge about writing and the teaching of writing through a variety of media: print, broadcast, and the Internet.
- We work in partnership with youth, teachers, and researchers to create opportunities for networking, collaboration, and scholarship.