Our commitment to nurturing lifelong writers in the university and greater Columbus community is shared by a growing number of partners and donors. Many individuals contribute to CSTW by way of the CSTW Development Fund. Foundations and non-profit organizations contribute via grants awarded for programming. Ongoing support from The Justice Paul W. Brown Fund, the Susan J. Bonnell Endowment Fund, and The Virgene Heckman Fund provide ongoing funds for CSTW programs.
CSTW thanks all of its donor and partner organizations for their generous support.
Active Funding, 2008-2009
- The Justice Paul W. Brown Fund sponsored programs in the Professional Writing Minor: Professional Writing Minor Partners Wiki Resource; Writing Across the Curriculum (WAC): Writing Instruction in Disciplinary Classes at The Ohio State University; and Outreach: Africentric Elementary and Middle School Divisions Partnerships for Literacy.
- The Virgene Heckman Fund supports the weekly OSU-Africentric After-School Tutoring program for grades 3 through 5.
- The Seimer Family Foundation supports the In-School Writing Collaborative Project at Linden-McKinley High School.
- Interest from the Susan J. Bonnell Endowment Fund supports programming throughout the Center for the Study and Teaching of Writing.
- Grants awarded FY09 The Paul G. Duke Foundation and the Martha Holden Jennings Foundation for the "OSU-Africentric Elementary and Middle Schools Partnerships for Literacy Program."
Active Partnerships 2008-2009
Writing Center and Digital media partners include:
- CSTW hosted the East Central Writing Centers Association (ECWCA) 2008 Annual Meeting with support from The Rich Company, Bedford St. Martin's publishing, Pearson publishing, and the Kitty Locker Fund in the Department of English.
- Sponsors for the Feb. 19-29, 2009 Digital Media in a Social World conference include the Harvey Goldberg Program for Excellence in Teaching, the Digital Union at Ohio State, The Ohio State University Libraries, and WiredOut, as well as Third Coast International Audio Festival at Chicago Public Radio, Microsoft Corporation, Dell Computers, Apple, and Lenovo.
- WCBE, central Ohio's NPR station, and general manager Dan Mushalko broadcast "Writers Talk," a weekly radio show produced by CSTW.
- Support for CSTW podcasts comes from Paul Kotheimer and Scott Sprague at the Digital Media Studio, College of Humanities. CSTW also thanks Cover to Cover bookstore in Columbus, Ohio, Six String Concerts, Cathy Fisher, and all of our interviewees.
These CSTW friends host interns in the Professional Writing Minor:
- American Red Cross Blood Services, Central Ohio Region
- Bucknuts Media
- Columbus International Program
- Communities In Schools
- Greater Columbus Arts Council
- McGraw-Hill Publishing
- Ohio Environmental Council
- Ohio Legal Rights Service
- Ohio State Bar Association
- OSU Athletics Communications
- OSU Libraries
- OSU Medical Center Communications & Marketing
- OSU Technology Enhanced Learning & Research (TELR)
- Ohioana Library
- Publishing Group Ltd.
- SBC Advertising
- Street Fighter Marketing
- Dan Willis, City of Columbus Martin Luther King Day Celebration
- Worthington Arts Council
- WOSU Public Media
STC program partners include:
- John Roberts, Dean, College of Humanities
- Rebecca Bias and the World Media and Culture Center
- Joe Yersavich, Manager, Hilltop Branch, Columbus Metropolitan Libraries
- Shaunessy Everett, Columbus Metropolitan Libraries
- Anne Fields, Nancy Courtney, Tom Cetwinski, and Joe Branin, The Ohio State University Libraries
- Liv Gjestvang, Dave Hooker, and Megan Troyer, The Digital Union
The Outreach Program continues its partnership with several public schools in the Columbus City Schools district, namely Columbus Africentric Early College and Linden McKinley, Whetstone, and Brookhaven High Schools. Professors in the Ohio State School of Teaching and Learning, College of Education and Human Ecology, will partner with the Outreach Program in some of these schools.
Summer 2008 Multimedia Writing Camp partners were: The Ohio State University Libraries, OSU Technology Enhance Learning and Research, Alethea E. Gaddis, The Willie & Vivian Gaddis Foundation for K.I.D.S., Columbus City School teachers and administrators, and OSU staff and faculty who served as writing and oral contest judges.
The Outreach Program OSU partners include:
- Karen Alsbrooks, Office of Minority Affairs
- Darry Andrews, Math/Stats Learning Center
- Cynthia Applin, MAPS
- Ana Berrios-Allison, Career Connection
- Tim O'Hara, Lantern
- Sujan Manandhar, Foreign Language Center
- Victoria Dunn, Young Scholars Program
- College of Education and Human Ecology, School of Teaching and Learning
- Donna Long, Spanish and Portuguese Department
- Todd Suddeth, Todd A. Bell National Resource Center on the African American Male
- Kirwan Institute for the Study of Race & Ethnicity
- African-American and African Studies Extension Center
- Larry Williamson, Frank W. Hale, Jr., Black Cultural Center
- Margo Wolanin, Development, College of Humanities
- Mindy Wright, Outreach, Arts and Sciences
- Sarah Starr, OSU Research Foundation
- OSU Libraries
The Outreach Program Community Partners include:
- Columbus City School Principals, Teachers, and Administrators
- Columbus Literacy Council
- Gene T. Harris, Superintendent Office, Columbus City Schools
- Godman Guild Association
- Sidney Hargo, The Columbus Foundation
- The Columbus Literacy Council
WAC partners at The Ohio State University:
- Alan Kalish, Director, Faculty and TA Development
- Kathleen Hallihan, Director, Arts and Sciences Curriculum and Assessment
- David Staley, Director, Goldberg Program for Excellence in Teaching, Department of History
- Nancy O'Hanlon, Coordinator, University Libraries, Teaching and Learning Department
2007-2008 | 2006-2007 | 2005-2006 | 2004-2005 | 2003-2004 | 2002-2003 | 2001-2002 | 2000 or Earlier